Sat, 03/01/2008 - 01:00 — robinna
Asset Awards, Graphic Designer; Assistant Web Editor, 2006
Created website graphics and assisting in website redesign using CSS for the Libraries Asset Awards:http://www.libs.uga.edu/asset/program/2006/
- Committee on Faculty Organization and Governance (FOG), Chair, 2006-2007
Participate in review of faculty bylaws and make recommendations as needed. Coordinated the committee work in conducting an online survey of Libraries’ faculty professional activities to gain a better sense of committee participation, views on faculty meetings, and in general, professional activities. Thirty eight responses (38) were received. Findings were presented at a FAB meeting and to the faculty at large at a faculty meeting.
- CRDL (Civil Rights Digital Library Initiative) Portal Group, Member, 2006-
Assist in drafting recommendations for the Civil Rights Digital Library interface including structure, navigation, and graphic design.
- CRDL (Civil Rights Digital Library Initiative) Metadata Group, Member, 2006-2007
Assist in researching and identifying potential Dublin Core Metadata Guidelines for Civil Rights Digital Library. Discuss best practices for Learning Objects (LOM), photographs, and media.
- CRDL/WGBH LOM (Learning Objects Metadata) Task Force, Member, 2006
Investigate Learning Objects metadata schemas and develop guidelines for implementation for the Civil Rights Digital Library educational resources.
- Emerging Technologies Group Chair, 2007-
The Dynamic Content Group, an offshoot of the Libraries’ Web Advisory Group, examining how the Libraries are currently using Web 2.0 and dynamic content, trends in dynamic content and web 2.0/3.0, with the goal of generating ideas for potential projects and making recommendations to the Web Advisory Group. Group documentation & resources: http://groups.google.com/group/dynamic-content-group
- Faculty Learning Committee (2008) Emerging Technologies in Higher Education
- Faculty Learning Committee (2009) Shift to Visual: Explore the rise of digital visual media and its impact on culture, learning, and higher education.
- Web Advisory Group (WAG), Member, 2004-
Participate in WAG and serve as the Chair of the Blog subcommittee. Serve as a liaison between Cataloging and WAG.
- Libraries’ Blog, subcommittee of WAG, Co-Chair, 2005-
In 2004, investigated and tested blogging software (wordpress, expression engine, movable type). Recommendations were presented to WAG and a wordpress blog was installed in 2005.
Created a RSS reader (php) for the Libraries’ homepage and worked with the Systems department staff to rework the reader so that it was compatible with a standard HTML page.
Current responsibilities include managing the Libraries’ News & Events page through evaluating plugins, blogging tools, and developing CSS/HTML web templates for blog. In 2007, began evaluation and testing of Wordpress MU to address potential needs of additional blogs.
Libraries’ Electronic books, subcommittee of WAG, Member, 2006-2007
Investigate current access to electronic books and coordinate effort to provide better access and facilitate ease of use.
- Libraries’ E-cards subcommittee of WAG, Chair, 2006-
Identify and test opensource electronic image/greeting card software for publicity and marketing purposes for special collections.
- Libraries’ Secondary pages redesign subcommittee of WAG, Member, 2006-2007
Investigate and test software for the Secondary pages redesign committee. Collaborate on design ideas and present information on content management systems including Adobe software (Contribute) and opensource software (Drupal, Mambo). Train Web Editors in working with new templates and CSS style sheets for GNP, Photo, LSA, Govdocs webpages; additionally re-code Cataloging, DBM, and ETD pages.
- GALILEO Knowledge Repository Content & Metadata Group, Member, 2009-
Newly formed committee to assist in recruiting and collecting UGA’s scholarly content, submitting it to the UGA IR (GKR) with metadata, and for reviewing any rights issues. Additionally, review common issues at the institutions in establishing work processes and maintain the GKR Metadata Guidelines.
- GALILEO Knowledge Repository Metadata Group, Member, 2004–2006
Assist in researching and identifying potential Dublin Core Metadata Guidelines for University System of Georgia (USG) system wide Institutional Repository. Discuss best practices on institutional levels as well as on statewide level. Committee membership consists of representatives from Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Board of Regents/OIIT, Mercer, as well as other USG institutions.
- GALILEO Knowledge Repository Portal Group, Member, 2007
Assist in drafting recommendations for the USG system wide Institutional Repository including structure, navigation, taxonomy, and graphic design for the web presence. Committee membership consists of representatives from Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Board of Regents/OIIT, Mercer, as well as other USG institutions.
- GALILEO Knowledge Repository Technical Oversight Group, Member, 2007-2009
Contribute to group effort in guiding the overall vision of the GKR Institutional Repository.
- GLA (Georgia Library Association) TSIG (Technical Services Interest Group) Resources Web Developer, 2001-2007
Develop and maintain resources webpage for technical services.
- Peabody Awards Review Committees: Children’s Television, 2001, 2007; Radio Documentary, 2004; Entertainment Radio, 2005
Review entries, write brief critiques, and author nomination suggestions for the Faculty Review Board of the Peabody Awards.
Sat, 03/01/2008 - 01:00 — robin fay
CRDL (Civil Rights Digital Library) Learning Objects Metadata Consultant, 2007-, Digital Library of Georgia (DLG)/ Civil Rights Digital Library (CRDL)
Assign LC subject headings and contribute to Name authority control for online collection of Learning Objects within the Civil Rights Digital Library.